Defining Creative Writing
Creative writing expresses ideas and thoughts in an imaginative/inventive way. The writer expresses unique artistry, feelings/emotions and ideas in his work. Fiction, Poetry and Plays are defined as creative writing.
In non-creative writing, the writer talks mainly about facts: academic,-journalistic and technical writing.
Check out the interesting video on creative writing I discovered on www.study.com:
Creative writing requires certain skills and a talent. Skills can be learned like grammar at school. All of us are talented in many unique ways. Talent is a natural ability, a gift, an aptitude.
I believe that creative writing requires the following:
· Desire for creative expression in writing
· Imaginative and or innovative skills
· Passion to write!
· Persistence, eagerness and patience in developing creative writing skills
· Courage to ask for feedback on your creative writing
· Be prepared for constructive criticism!
· Practice, practice and practice.
I was always very artistic and loved arts and creative writing in school but disliked Mathematics and Physics. I did pursue my creative writing skills further through school and later on by simply writing privately.