Thursday, August 12, 2010

Do you have a favourite children’s book memory?

Most people I know have a favourite children’s book memory like I do. I am referring to a special, beloved and treasured children’s book of my early childhood. Some of us have several of these treasured books which have always been there when we needed to be comforted, encouraged and captured into a wonderful world of adventures. They are like a good and loyal friend who is always there for you when you need him.

Maybe it was a an exceptional book you were read to as a young child or you read yourself once you learned the  basic but very exciting skill of reading. I do believe that reading is an art. We have to learn it and treasure it as it is not only a very helpful talent but will always enrich our life with wisdom, inspiration and colourful imagination.

Our lives are now so consumed with work, family and social responsibilities that we tend to find excuses not to have time to read a printed book. We read everything which we need for work and our private lives on our computer screens, iPods and smart and i phones.  The memory of my most beloved children’s and young adult’s books immediately recalls the unique feeling of happiness, joy, comfort and a vivid world of a special adventure. That memory also reminds me that I need to take time to read printed books. If I simply don’t have the time I need to make time for the enchanting pleasure of reading again a printed book.

These unique books have also taught me much wisdom at a very early age. I either learned an important message from the book’s characters, the story, the ending or from all aspects of the book. These treasured books were also one of my guiding lights trough my child-and young adulthood. Until today I still read my favourite children’s books because I always discover a new message of wisdom.

Do you have a favourite children's book? I encourage you to be inspired by that special memory and take a precious moment to read a printed book again.


http://ezinearticles.com/?Do-You-Have-a-Favourite-Childrens-Book-Memory?&id=4865842

No comments:

Post a Comment