Saturday, July 31, 2010

How to uncover your creativity

What is your creativity? By asking some people this question I realized that most of us don't really know what is their creative talent (or talents). Of course-some people who are aware of their talent(s) in a many variety of fields are the true exception. I would say these people are the lucky ones as they live their passion and do what they love. Might it be every day or sometimes.

If you are not sure where your creative talent lies you simply have to embark on a journey of inner discovery. Search and explore your interest and wonder what artistic tasks really brings you joy and happiness in life. Be patient as it might  take a while to figure out your creative talent(s). When you discover your creativity you will know. What ever it might be you fill feel it in your heart. For some the journey of trying to find their creativity continues through their lives.

Some people including myself have searched for their creative talents and also learned many new skills and knowledge. Sometimes we change careers in our lives just like our interests change directions.

So what ever your uncovered talent might be start to listen to your heart and soul. Try different creative things.Be imaginative, courageous and have fun. Do what ever your heart tells you to do. I strongly believe that most creative people feel an inner calling to do something particular. Unfortunately, sometimes we all are just too busy life itself. We don't take enough time for ourselves to do something which fulfills an empty spot in our hearts.

I was a very creative child and always excelled in art classes and learning languages. Although I never forgot my creative talents I never really lived my passion of creative writing. When I rediscovered it later in life I felt an  joy, happiness and most of all what I like to express as an inner enlightenment. Writing and illustrating for young readers is my true passion-that's what I know 4 sure.

Happy discovery on your journey to unleash your creativity!

“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” — Maya Angelou

“Creativity is contagious. Pass it on.” — Albert Einstein



Art print by Linda Woods on art.com

No comments:

Post a Comment